Well after a long stressful couple weeks the cardiologist appointment was near! As we all know I dread this appointment every year even though its just a follow up. (I "think" its normal for us parents to worry about such appointments as these things). We make it a "fun" trip to Indianapolis every year and swim, shop and eat dinner while we're down there. As we had been told last year Lilly's ASD(hole in her heart) would need repaired at some point no matter what. It was to large to reduce its size significantly enough to not repair. A repair would be open heart surgery unless she was 35 lbs they could go another route, but 35lbs is far off from her 26pound body. I really should not have been worried about the appointment as she had no symptoms, is growing great, and not overly tired. ;) We started off with a little consult and he explained by examining her that her coarc (which was previously repaired) is still fine and would never need repaired as its done good since the surgery at birth. We then had the echo and Lilly did wonderful, she thought it was fun having the wand moved around looking at her heart. She thought they could see her eggs from breakfast in her belly...it was really cute! Anyway, we then discussed how the ASD was and sure enough It got significantly smaller!! :) :) It was 6mm (moderate size) down to 2mm!! I cannot explain my sigh of relief, I was kind of in shock. He explained that more than likely we will never need to do surgery on her ASD, but we'll just continue to watch it. Rather than every year we don't have to go back for another 2-3 years. Yes I was in shock as he carried the heart model in and still gave us such great news! Lilly can do anything a normal child can do...wow another sigh of relief!! :) I would like to say I don't have my hopes up, because there is still that small chance something could need repaired someday, but I would be lying! I am just happy and there are no words to explain that sigh of relief I felt...oh to know my baby girl doesn't need another heart surgery (for now anyway ;)). I guess Happy Early Christmas to us all! :)
Parker also had a check up due to Lilly's history, but his heart is perfect...it couldn't be better! :)
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Wow...Miracles do come true
Posted by Jill at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Okay Jill, I know this post is really old, but this is GREAT news! I sure hope everything is still going well. It brings tears to my eyes just knowing how happy you must have felt at that moment you got the news. We both have lots to be thankful for with our baby girls :)
I am linking your blog to my blog so I can keep more up to date on your family!!
Post a Comment