CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Being referred to a specialist...

As I have mentioned previously I had some lab work done and my liver enzymes came back elevated. They did many other tests and they have all came back normal as well as my liver ultrasound.The test was repeated on Monday and my liver enzymes doubled. :( The GI Dr here in Fort Wayne does not know what else to do as they cannot figure out what is wrong and want to take every precaution being pregnant. So I am being sent to Indianapolis to see a liver specialist at IU Med Center. Hopefully they can figure out what is wrong and get this taken care of. I'm hoping its a fluke thing and it goes away on its own, but I don't know the chances of that. My labs and numbers are not matching up for anything they have dealt with here in Fort Wayne so hopefully going to Indy and seeing someone who deals with this everyday will get it settled! I go on Friday at 10:30 so if I find anything out I'll update as soon as I can. I'm sure they will do lots more blood work and testing to get some answers. They have discussed doing a liver biopsy, which we are going back and forth on. Having a biopsy like this is a risk to the baby before 12 weeks, and I'm only 7 weeks. I just wanted to give a little update on whats going on. I will be hoping and praying its nothing at all and we continue to have a happy healthy pregnancy! :)

0 comments: